https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/oracu...se-notes/44878
    ... but seems just a copy of Noble Numbat Release Notes

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Oracular-oriole-release-notes?

I'm setting this one out due to
    We are reintroducing support for ZFS guided installations, enhancing the flexibility and choices available for your storage management needs. This is a new implementation in the Subiquity-based installers, and is without encryption by default. The encrypted ZFS guided option will be developed in a future release.
    And did I read correctly:
    Known limitations:

Requires TPM 2.0.
    Only a limited set of hardware is supported.
    No external kernel-modules support. For example, no support of NVIDIA graphics cards.
    I don't remember seeing that On Noble -release-notes.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

One of the nice things about Ubuntu Discourse is that you get to see actions in progress.
    Including the incomplete release notes as it gets pecked at by various engineers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    I'm setting this one out due to
    We are reintroducing support for ZFS guided installations, enhancing the flexibility and choices available for your storage management needs. This is a new implementation in the Subiquity-based installers, and is without encryption by default. The encrypted ZFS guided option will be developed in a future release.
    And did I read correctly:
    Known limitations:

Requires TPM 2.0.
    Only a limited set of hardware is supported.

No external kernel-modules support. For example, no support of NVIDIA graphics cards.
    I don't remember seeing that On Noble -release-notes.
    Wait a minute... That way those are worded...

#1) "subiquity". That would imply that they are adding a ZFS option to the Server Edition installer(?) Desktop has been flutter since Lunar.

#2) Requiring TPM 2.0 backed encryption was a disaster with the ubuntu-desktop-installer. I can't remember if that was Mantic or Noble. (Will have to check my notes.) It was so bad, with my bug reports that they pulled it.

#3) No external Modules??? How is that going to even work? I'm pushing ZFS, BUT... Doesn't saying no external modules conflict with their push for ZFS? (Devil's advocate).

#4) No NVidia... I will not comment on that, but that alone, is big.

Curious to see how this goes, and what it means.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; 1 Week Ago at 03:59 AM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by corradoventu View Post
    https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/oracu...se-notes/44878
    ... but seems just a copy of Noble Numbat Release Notes
    Looks like they just did a
    Code:
    $sed 's/Noble/Oracular/' release-notes.txt
    , but forgot the title.
    I've messaged the author on Discourse about that last bit.
    Ryzen 7 5800X / Alpenfohn Gletschewasser 280 / Gigabyte X570S Aero G / 32GB 4000MHz C16 Team Group X-treem /
    Gigabyte RTX4080 Aero OC / 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / Asus Loki 1kW / Lian-Li O11D Mini / Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo / Win11 / Kubuntu 23.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Wait a minute... That way those are worded...

#1) "subiquity". That would imply that they are adding a ZFS option to the Server Edition installer(?) Desktop has been flutter since Lunar.

#2) Requiring TPM 2.0 backed encryption was a disaster with the ubuntu-desktop-installer. I can't remember if that was Mantic or Noble. (Will have to check my notes.) It was so bad, with my bug reports that they pulled it.

#3) No external Modules??? How is that going to even work? I'm pushing ZFS, BUT... Doesn't saying no external modules conflict with their push for ZFS? (Devil's advocate).

#4) No NVidia... I will not comment on that, but that alone, is big.

Curious to see how this goes, and what it means.
    I too am very curious how all this shakes out.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Ran what was just a 143 or so package upgrade to oracular by editing the sources.list data . . . from "noble"?? to "oracular" . . . . On reboot all appears to be running fine on my '12 Mac pro with Nvidia 780?? card. I run "nouveau" rather than proprietary . . . .

So far so good.